Dolphin Academy is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Dolphin Academy LLP, OC420492, 8 Kirkstone Drive, Royton, Oldham, OL2 6TP.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect a number of information while you are using our website. Here is what information may be collected while using our website.
Information You Give Us.
You may give us information about you using our website in the following:
- Account Information. When you sign up to create a Dolphin Academy Account via ClassForKids, we require and may collect certain information, including, but not limited to, your full name, address, phone number, email address, medical information, attendant’s information, emergency contact names and phone numbers.
- Course Information: We allow you to enrol in, or allow you to enrol another attendant in, and take courses via ClassForKids. We collect information relating to you, or another attendant, taking the courses. This includes the course attendant’s name, gender, date of birth, address, emergency contact information and medical information. You hereby consent to our sharing of account information (except for your email address) and course information to the relevant Instructors. We do not provide email addresses or any payment information to instructors.
- Payment Information: we use Stripe for the facilitation of payments if you make any purchases for courses via ClassforKids, or purchase products or services from our website. We do not access, store, or collect any payment card or bank account information. The collection, use, and disclosure of such information is subject to the privacy policies of Stripe. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements of Stripe [https://stripe.com/gb/privacy].
- Communications with Dolphin Academy: When you communicate with Dolphin Academy, use our website, complete contact forms or communicate with us via email or phone, we may collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide, such as your contact details and name and address. For any information which is collected from our Instant Messaging Service (Chatra), please see below how Chatra collects that information. You should review such privacy policies of Chatra [https://chatra.io/privacy-policy/].
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your Dolphin Academy Account or use other features of our website.
Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of Our Website.
When you use our website, we may automatically collect the following information.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use our website, even if you have not created a Dolphin Academy Account to log in. That information includes, without limitation: details about how you’ve used our website (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, the page you have viewed or engaged with before or after using our website, device type, operating system type and version, unique device ID, browser, browser language, domain and other systems information, platform types, usage statistics about your interaction with the website, including courses accessed, time spent on pages or the website, pages visited, search queries, click data, portions of the website used, date and time, and other information regarding your use of the website.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your transactions on our website, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect information that third party websites provide about you when using our website or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our website. We collect the following information from third parties:
- Analytics: We use Google Analytics on our website to help us analyse how users use the website by noting when you arrive on our website, how often you use the website, the events that occur within the website, usage data and performance data. The information collected will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers.
- Notifications: We collect Stripe notifications to confirm our transactions with you. We also collect ClassForKids notifications to facilitate our bookings and courses. We do so to maintain and improve our website and to ensure we have accurate records of bookings and payments.
- Instant Messaging Service: We use Chatra to facilitate our instant messaging service. Chatra may collect your account information or any other information automatically collected by our website as a means to facilitate our instant messaging service. Chatra may collect additional information either when you use this messaging facility or when you provide information to Chatra by using it.
- Other third party subcontractors and service providers: We use Futureproof Political OOD services to undertake our website content management and site maintenance. Futureproof Political OOD also help us manage our social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram to ensure our customers stay up to date. Futureproof Political OOD may collect information as part of their service to ensure they facilitate our website, social media and to ensure our advertising campaigns are compliant. Futureproof Political OOD is a company registered in Bulgaria with company number, 203948425, whose registered address is 9 Zdraets, Plovdiv, Bulgaria, 4004.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, store and process all information we collect for the following purposes:
To Provide, Improve, and Develop our Website
- To enable you to access and use our website;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research;
- To enable you to conduct payment on our website;
- To send you service or support messages, such as updates and security alerts;
- To provide you with the information you request from us.
To Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment
- To notify you about changes to our website;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- To administer our website for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- To Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity;
- To conduct investigations and risk assessments;
- To comply with our legal obligations.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information to the following parties:
Instructor: We may share account information and course information (except for your email address) with instructors for the courses that you enrol or for the attendant you have enrolled.
Third Party Business Partners, Service Providers, Contractors or Agents: We may share your information with third party companies that provide us services related to data analysis. These third party service providers may access your personal information as collected by our analytics services and are required to use it solely as directed by us for the purposes outlined above.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law when we make our website available for use. We will share information with government agencies as required by law or as instructed by the relevant enforcement authorities of the United Kingdom. We may further disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials if, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), at the request of providing such information for matters including, but not limited to:
- To protect Dolphin Academy Technologies’ Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights;
- To secure our associate third parties’ Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights;
- To protect the safety of the public or any person; or
- To prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
YOUR RIGHTS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at [email protected]
Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our website. This includes administrative and service announcements sent via email. Transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting us requesting such changes. If you request to access all personal information you’ve submitted, you will have access to this and to change information from within your Dolphin Academy Account options. All changes and requests will be effective immediately or within 30 days of initiating the request. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated.
You are entitled to request to see and challenge information third parties provide to us as part of our fraud detection, prevention and risk assessment efforts. Requests in this section should be addressed to [email protected]
You may access copies of your personal information held by us by sending us an email to [email protected] to access a copy of your personal information held by us. We may request proof of identification to verify your access request. If your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, let us know and we will update the relevant information that you are unable to update from your setting options. You may also request the erasure of your personal information in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation.
We recognise the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under the age of 18 should not use or attempt to use our website. If We learn that We have collected personal information (as defined by applicable law) from a child under 18, we will take reasonable steps delete such information.
Parents who believe that we might have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 may submit a request to our Email Address and request that the information be removed.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
Your account is automatically deactivated and deleted after 12 months of inactivity. To cancel your Dolphin Academy Account before this date, please contact Dolphin Academy or ClassForKids to do so. Please note that once an account is cancelled it cannot be recovered and may result in deactivation of your profile account.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request. Please note that your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally or for our administrative purposes, unless you request us to delete it. Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases, but we will ensure to make our best efforts to do so. In case of security failure, we will inform you of such failure within 72 hours.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR APPS
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these links, please note that these providers have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.